Monday, January 2, 2012

Days 1 and 2 (Happy New Year!)

[Link to Previous Post]  [Link to First Post]

So, here we go. I stayed home nursing a hangover yesterday putting my rampant consumerism on hold for a day. I'm working tonight so this will present my first challenge come dinner time. If I was smart I'd bring my lunch and stay out of the North End of Boston with all those delicious imported meats and cheeses but that's just not the case. After seeing what veggies and meats are almost always domestically grown I think I have a pretty good handle on what to order at a sandwich shop type of place. There is a Whole Foods market nearby with a few options for take out kinds of food. What I should have researched further are the products that Sysco and Aramark use so I could eat at work occasionally. Enough about food for now though.

Christmas was a great time for China in our house with two school age boys with an affinity for video games and Japanese cartoon related games. The older guy is getting into rock collecting though and  I found a tumbler/polisher called Thumler' Tumbler that was made in the good old USA so I felt good about that purchase. I'm glad I didn't try this in December though. Old Santa might have been on the kids naughty list if they didn't get the requisite pile of Chinese crap on their Christmas lists!

You'd think I didn't have much to buy so soon after the holidays but like most people I generally put off buying myself anything until after I see what I get. January is here now and it's on like Donkey Kong! We are replacing a love seat with two chairs and a small table in our living room this week. I scoped out a few options but I think tomorrow is the day for that endeavor. A pair of comfortable waterproof shoes / boots are on my list also but I typically gravitate towards New Balance which thankfully are made here and there is a factory store right up the road. I need socks as well which might prove to be more problematic but I'm determined to get that done as well. Should be a busy day tomorrow! Happy New Year!

[Link to Next Post]

5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Few days ago i was looking for leatherjacket so my friend told me about Custom leather Jacket For Men.They had a very good quality material and most important you can order online and on free shipping,also they have so much variety so you can choose what you want.I Really Thanks to them from where i can choose and purchasse leather jacket so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TraxPath vehicle tracking offers dozens of configurable alert settings, assignable vehicle groups, vehicle status history, & more! no contract GPS tracking provider in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We Are The Ultimate Solution to All Your App Design & Development Needs.  Cheap App Developers NYC is the best apps developers in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creatix9 is one of the best logo design company in London UK that offer unique solutions for building an exceptional identity. As a trusted logo design London agency, we are creating matchless and attention-grabbing logos for clients across the globe. We offer affordable logo design packages the UK for small businesses and organizations without any sacrifice on quality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7. Open mindedness to new technology--This relates to number 8 but in a business capacity, it is even more important. A pencil and paper may be your preferred method of working on finances, but you had better know a few things about technology or you and your pencil will be left behind. Sure you can hire others who know, but what you don't know CAN hurt you. Read! You can learn so much about anything by reading Wholesale Cigarettes. And if you were tech savvy you would know the internet is the greatest addition to the library in regard to learning about everything!

    ReplyDelete