Thursday, November 3, 2011

Purchasing prologue

So I've been kicking around an idea for a few months and a conversation on Facebook spurred me into following through with this project. I want to try to only buy things made in the USA for one month. Seems like a simple way to support local businesses and there are many more good reasons to steer your purchases towards domestic products these days as we all know. I'll try to leave out the politics of it all and stick to documenting my experiences and observations and I encourage anyone who reads this to share their experiences or offer suggestions in the comment sections and we'll see where this might lead us all.

I figure I'll have to do a bit of research on other people that have done this and what products are actually made here from foreign parts, etc. I have to limit this to durable goods and some soft goods (consumables) like food and household products, excluding the chemicals these are made from. Basically, everything I eat must have been grown and packaged in the USA, and all the junk I buy has to be made in America. Think I can do it? I don't know either but I'm going to give it a shot! Check back soon and see how my research is going over the next couple of months and on January 1, 2012 I'm going foreign free!

[Link to Next Post]

1 comment:

  1. I should probably tell the wifey soon. Something tells me I'll be doing all the shopping in January!

    ReplyDelete