Thursday, January 19, 2012

Domestic EVOO

When I started making my own salad dressing a while back I started buying those big 100 oz. cans. The problem is they sit around for a while and the last one I got tastes a little bitter now. I thought about trashing it and replacing it with something domestic and assumed I was going to have to go without a good olive oil for this stint. Someone recommended the California Olive Ranch EVOO and I was able to buy it right at my local Stop and Shop. It was priced reasonably ($8.99/25oz) and it tastes great. Really, I'd buy it anyways just for the taste. I'm very much liking when things turn out this way. There are a ton of great companies putting out some top quality olive oil right here in the good old USA so next time you're on the market, consider domestic EVOO. For a list of domestic growers try this link -  http://www.oliveoilsource.com/companies-profiles/growers. You'll see what I mean. All I need now is some fresh bread to dip and I'm good to go!

For some further reading on domestic olive oils check out these articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment