Saturday, January 21, 2012

Chilly Day

I went to my favorite outdoor outfitter today because I was one layer short for this cold and snowy day. I went skiing last weekend and froze my butt off their as well. It was due time to upgrade my base layer! I was quickly disheartened after browsing through their selections which included some of my favorite brands. Woolrich, Smartwool, Under Armor and all of the rest of the brands they carry are all made in some foreign land. I left with nothing to keep me warm on this cold day. Luckily I keep an extra fleece in the back of my car so I grabbed that and came back to work. SOL. I'll see what I can dig up for domestic long johns but I might have to stick with what I have for now. Stay warm!


UPDATE: Now that I'm back home with a real computer (no offense to my phone which is pretty close these days) I did an online search and found that my second favorite outdoor outfitter, REI,  carries long underwear made in the USA from Polartec material under their own (REI) brand name. Polartec® fabrics "range from extremely lightweight base layer fabrics for long underwear and T-shirts to water repellent soft shells to flame resistant fabrics for the military." That's right, because they are a US company they are allowed to be a supplier to our military. Want to know more about them? Check out this video is from their website:



A great American company and so close to home. I'm going on the REI site right now and ordering me up some nice warm skivvies Made in the USA from material manufactured in my home state. That alone gives me a nice warm feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment